Re: Android on OMAP, was: Anyone porting Android to Omap2430 ?

[colorant <colorant@xxxxxxx>]

>     And, how about the running speed of the red cycle eye on your
> board ? It runs very fast on my board, and the system_server take
> almost 100% CPU.

This is usually indicative of lack of vsync/pageflip in the fb driver.
The surfaceflinger believes it will be limited by the vsync rate and
the startup animation depends on that.

>     I would like to try m5-rc14 android kernel driver , seems binder
> driver is moved to driver/android dir and rewrite for some reason.

I'm pretty sure the build that's part of the M5 SDK release will
require the new binder driver to operate correctly.

[Anil S <anils@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>]

> 	Does OMAp2430 also have hardware register for TLS? Would it be
> possible to get the pre-built android binaries functional on OMAp2430?

OMAP2 is ARM11 based and does indeed have the hardware TLS register,
if I remember correctly.  You should be able to mess with your kernel
configuration and force the "emulated" TLS register support (though
that may require modifying Kconfig files).

Brian
-