Re: Watchdog driver issue on OMAP3

Hi Iqbal,
On 1/9/08, Iqbal <iqbal@xxxxxx> wrote:
> This patch looks reasonable, just one byte from the first sector is marked read array and the remaining sectors/partions are still unlocked.
Intel flashes status changes for the entire device not partition
based. The only exception will be when two L18 flashes(32M each
contiguous to make 64M) are used -> in which case we need to "reset to
read" each devices. M18 flash does not seem supported (most probably
coz io_remap address space wont give 256M) - but if it is, then we
need to do the same there. The correct solution though is to fix in
the cfi driver by ensuring that lock and unlock functions need to
reset the device back to read mode by issuing 0xFF(reset) cmd at the
end of operation.

> I tested this patch on 3430, the WDT reset works fine.
Please note that the patch works only because the boot device was in
an invalid state, the patch merely masks the real problem and in my
opinion should not be incorporated to mainline kernel - instead the
root cause in mtd chip driver be fixed.
Regards,
Nishanth Menon
-