Re: Query

Thanks for replying...
We are implementing it on a 2 core machine so we have two kernels
running...we have made changes in the grub code to load second kernel
image in memory and send start-up Inter Processor Interrupts to second
core and wake it from halted state...second core starts executing
second kernel code..and first kernel starts running on first core
after grub is done with it's operations.

We have made changes in kernel code to initialize different subsystems
on the two kernels. This includes changing the way in which interrupts
 are routed and also changing the listing of PCI devices. We have
reserved memory for both kernels and some memory is shared for
inter-kernel communication.