Query

Hi ,
     Me and my friends are working on a new concept.
     Idea is to run different kernels on different cores in a
multicore architecture. Each kernel is performing logically different
tasks. We believe to improve the cache performance and reduce cpu idle
time. This concept can be applied to filers , graphics processing
systems , embedded systems.
     Our implementation is on Intel core 2 duo machine. So far our
implementation includes running two kernels simultaneously (one on
each core) , handling hard-disk on one core and ethernet on another
core so as to divide the network and disk subsystem.

     But here we are unable to measure the performance. Can u please
suggest any method to measure the performance in terms of throughput
and response time?

     Thank you.