libnuma numa.h issues

Hello,

I reported Debian bug #487954 about some issues with recent libnuma
numa.h. Ian told me to check 2.0.2-rc1 and report the remaining issues
here, so here I am.

First, shouldn't the following variable be extern?
    /* set up to represent the cpus available to the current task */
    struct bitmask *numa_all_cpus;
If not, why do we want it to be included in every object file?

Then, VERSION1_COMPATIBILITY should be prefixed with NUMA_ or so to
avoid namespace collision.

And, finally, how are we supposed to support old and new libnuma version
in our end application? Supporting only API 2 isn't possible so early.
Is there something we can check and that you guys guarantee to not break
in the future? It would be nice to have something like #define
LIBNUMA_API_VERSION 2 in numa.h so that we can check it at compile time.

thanks,
Brice

PS: I am not subscribed.