Re: compat functions in numa.h

Hi Andi,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 04:12:40PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Hi Cliff,
>
> I noticed you added all the functions from util.h as compat versions to numa.h
>
> That's unfortunate because they were never designed as a public API, don't have
> proper numa prefixes, will polute the application's namespace etc. They are just
> internal functions used by the NUMA tools.
>
> Could you remove them there again? For internal stuff compat wrappers shouldn't
> be needed.
>
> -Andi

Done.
All that other stuff was needed for compiling an old numactl.c, but not for
the majority of the test/ programs.

The numacompat1.h header will alleviate the need to tweak old codes to
compile with version 2 of libnuma, but not all.  Where an old code allocates
a nodemask_t or array of longs as a cpu mask they will need to be
tweaked to allocate bitmasks.

--
Cliff Wickman
Silicon Graphics, Inc.