Re: nilfs_clean_segments: segment construction failed. (err=-2)

On 06/27/14 12:00, Vyacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 10:14 +0530, dE wrote:

[snip]
I can confirm that at 4K block size, this issue never existed. It
started happening when I reduced the block size to improve write and
read seek performance when very small amounts of data was being
read/written.

Yes, the FS was made at the specified day, but it was running
continuously since then.

This problem triggers after running the programs for long amounts of
time. Like 1 day+ with GC running the background at low priority (idle
i/o). nilfs_cleanerd.conf --

clean_check_interval    300
nsegments_per_clean     1
mc_nsegments_per_clean  1
cleaning_interval      0
mc_cleaning_interval   0
protection_period       0
min_clean_segments      100%
max_clean_segments      100%
selection_policy        timestamp       # timestamp in ascend order
retry_interval          300
use_mmap
log_priority            warning

As of the nature of the program which's using files on the FS, it reads
and writes very small amounts of data from random places on a set of
files (which are reasonably large). Then programs themselves are running
at either real time class or normal class.

The bug triggers when I exit the program (which are all of similar nature).

I tried to reproduce this issue by doing random write using the 'seeker'
tool, but it didn't trigger. So it triggers specifically on existing the
program.

You may like to install the Bitcoin qt wallet from your repositories
(maybe it's reproducible with bitcoind client also) and after a day or 2
of running with the above nilfs_cleanerd, try exiting the program. You
may trigger the bug.
Great. Thank you. I'll try to reproduce the issue.

One more question. Do you use this file system as rootfs or not? I
suppose that it's not rootfs file system, as I remember your previous
description of the issue.

Thanks,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.

Notice this bug will not trigger when running for a few hours. You got to do it for at least 1 day and it'll sure shot work within 2 days.