Re: nilfs_clean_segments: segment construction failed. (err=-2)

On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 10:14 +0530, dE wrote:

[snip]

> I can confirm that at 4K block size, this issue never existed. It
> started happening when I reduced the block size to improve write and
> read seek performance when very small amounts of data was being
> read/written.
>
> Yes, the FS was made at the specified day, but it was running
> continuously since then.
>
> This problem triggers after running the programs for long amounts of
> time. Like 1 day+ with GC running the background at low priority (idle
> i/o). nilfs_cleanerd.conf --
>
> clean_check_interval    300
> nsegments_per_clean     1
> mc_nsegments_per_clean  1
> cleaning_interval      0
> mc_cleaning_interval   0
> protection_period       0
> min_clean_segments      100%
> max_clean_segments      100%
> selection_policy        timestamp       # timestamp in ascend order
> retry_interval          300
> use_mmap
> log_priority            warning
>
> As of the nature of the program which's using files on the FS, it reads
> and writes very small amounts of data from random places on a set of
> files (which are reasonably large). Then programs themselves are running
> at either real time class or normal class.
>
> The bug triggers when I exit the program (which are all of similar nature).
>
> I tried to reproduce this issue by doing random write using the 'seeker'
> tool, but it didn't trigger. So it triggers specifically on existing the
> program.
>
> You may like to install the Bitcoin qt wallet from your repositories
> (maybe it's reproducible with bitcoind client also) and after a day or 2
> of running with the above nilfs_cleanerd, try exiting the program. You
> may trigger the bug.

Great. Thank you. I'll try to reproduce the issue.

One more question. Do you use this file system as rootfs or not? I
suppose that it's not rootfs file system, as I remember your previous
description of the issue.

Thanks,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.