Re: Does nilfs2 do any in-place writes?

On 2014-01-19 06:43, Ryusuke Konishi wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 00:08:58 +0100, Andreas Rohner wrote:
>> On 2014-01-19 00:08, Vyacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
>>> I think that it is very desirable to share patches for the review on early
>>> stages because it is possible to achieve a valuable results by means of
>>> open and continuos discussion. So, you are welcome to share your
>>> vision and your patches.
>>
>> Good I will prepare my patches.
>
> Before submitting patches, please test them with scripts/checkpatch.pl
> in the latest nilfs-utils.git.  This would help to reduce coding style
> issues, and we will be able to concentrate on design and
> implementation of the patches.

I used scripts/checkpatch.pl and I hope everything is correct now.

> If your patchset affects compatibility of existing code, it would be
> helpful if you clarify them in terms of disk format compatibility,
> ioctl interface compatibility, library compatibility, and
> CUI-compatibility.

Yes there are some compatibility issues with the implementation of a
counter for segment usage tracking.

> I expect that your work makes progress on the GC issue adding improved
> algorithm (cost-benefit altogorithm, greedy algorithm, and further) to
> cleanerd.

Yes that's right. Although the patch set I submitted today has nothing
to do with cost-benefit and greedy. I decided to first try and submit a
smaller contribution with no compatibility issues.

Best regards,
Andreas Rohner