Re: Bug? Kernel doesn't prevent multiple rw nilfs mounts

On 10/24/2013 3:57 PM, Vyacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
What do you mean when you are talking about two systems?
Do you have two systems are working in parallel with one NILFS2 partition?
What is your configuration?

Separate systems. Each has 2 SATA disks (a main drive, and a second for backups). These are test/development servers I use, and running regular consumer hardware. I added a second drive to each just to experiment with NILFS. (BTW, I had problems when running NILFS on a loopback device on System 1. I can investigate that further later.)

I tried NILFS on System 1 a few days ago, and ran into the problem. I decided to try a newer kernel, but tried from scratch on System 2 instead of upgrading System 1. The only thing they have in common is that they are gentoo-based and 32-bit. They have very different hardware and very different kernel configs.

The double-mount should be prevented at the kernel level, right? I could try a linux version direct from kernel.org, next.

If the double-mount should be prevented in user-space, then I could check things like the libc, compiler, strace, etc.

Which would you like next?

-Mike