Re: Bug? Kernel doesn't prevent multiple rw nilfs mounts

On Oct 24, 2013, at 11:05 PM, Michael Conrad wrote:

> System 1:
>

> uname -a
>  Linux mlcdev 3.2.12-gentoo #10 SMP Fri Oct 18 22:00:41 UTC 2013 i686 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X3220  @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
>
> mount.nilfs2 -V
>  mount.nilfs2 (nilfs-utils 2.1.5)
>
> System 2:
>
> uname -a
>  Linux conserv 3.10.7-gentoo-r1 #1 SMP Wed Oct 23 18:50:52 EDT 2013 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

What do you mean when you are talking about two systems?
Do you have two systems are working in parallel with one NILFS2 partition?
What is your configuration?

> mount.nilfs2 -V
>  mount.nilfs2 (nilfs-utils 2.1.5)
>
> These are both 32-bit systems, running kernels from "gentoo-sources" (which are mostly vanilla).
>
> My steps were very simple:
>
>  mkfs -t nilfs2 -L SNAPSHOT /dev/sdb4
>  mount /dev/sdb4 /mnt/a
>  mount /dev/sdb4 /mnt/b
>
> Mount.nilfs2 reports the error, but the filesystem gets mounted twice in rw mode.

All works fine on my side with one system. I think that I misunderstand your environment, currently.

With the best regards,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.