Re: Nilfs2 crash debugging

Vyacheslav Dubeyko skrev 2013-08-26 11:56:
On Sun, 2013-08-25 at 17:02 +0200, Anton Eliasson wrote:

[snip]
Yes. Here's another huge kernel.log for you [2]. It's 19 MB compressed
and 282 MB uncompressed. I blanked the log while running the stock
kernel and then rebooted to the custom debugging kernel. X wouldn't
start so I just logged in to a virtual terminal, changed directory to
"~/Bilder/20130321-28 Jakobs bilder från Nederländerna" and then
executed `cat 179.JPG >/dev/null`.

This caused a read-only remount and a bunch of "broken bmap" messages to
show, followed by an "Input/Output error". I saved a copy of
/var/log/kernel.log as soon as I could after that, before reinstalling
the stock kernel and rebooting.

[1]: http://antoneliasson.se/publicdump/config.x86_64.last.20130825
[2]: http://antoneliasson.se/publicdump/kernel.log.20130825.gz

Yes, it's great. Thank you. Now I can investigate the issue's
environment. I suspect that this issue is related to the issue with
"unable to handle kernel paging request" in nilfs_end_page_io(). But,
maybe, I am wrong. Anyway, it is a good basis for more detailed
understanding of the issue.

Thanks,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.

You're welcome. And thank you for your thorough instructions. It's been very informative and worthwhile for me to patch and build a kernel with custom options. Let me know if you need more experiments run on the damaged filesystem. Otherwise I'll delete the stored disk images in a month or two.

--
Best Regards,
Anton Eliasson