Re: My NiLFS2 port to NetBSD: status update

Hi Reinoud,

On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 11:03 +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

[snip]
> Sorry for the braindump :) Oh, how is the fsck_nilfs going? i plan on creating
> a fsck_nilfs my own as part of the development process, just as an assurance i
> dont mess up my btree's :-D That code is still... well, not that good ;)

I started fsck.nilfs2 development in 2012. But, unfortunately, I don't
make any implementation activity in this direction during this year
because of lack of time. I think that you have very ambitious
implementation plans. :-) I mean that implementation of fsck tool is not
so fast and easy task.

I think that it makes sense to distribute fsck implementation between of
us. Please, find nilfs-utils with current state of my implementation of
fsck.nilfs2 by link:

http://dubeyko.com/development/FileSystems/NILFS/nilfs-utils-fsck-v.0.04-under-development.tar.gz

Of course, current state of fsck.nilfs2 code is not ideal. But my
implementation can be a ready basis for your efforts in this direction.

What do you think? :-)

To implement the fsck.nilfs2 is very important task, from my viewpoint.
We very need in this tool for stabilization, optimization and further
implementation of NILFS2 driver. But, currently, I am deeply in
investigation and fix of known issues of NILFS2 driver under Linux.

Also I am thinking over another your questions. But, currently, I don't
clear understand your ideas. :-) I need to think yet.

I am going to implement extended attributes and ACLs support in NILFS2
too, because I am implementing ACLs support for HFS+ right now on the
richacl patch set basis. So, if I will lucky then I'll start this
implementation for NILFS2 soon.

With the best regards,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.