Re: Broken nilfs2 filesystem

Hi Anton,

On May 25, 2013, at 8:26 PM, Anton Eliasson wrote:

> Anton Eliasson skrev 2013-05-25 13:59:
> [...]
>>>>
>>> Now we have patch for overcome the freezing of system after such issue:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-nilfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg01614.html.
>> That is good. I shall await the next release with great anticipation.
> I don't think the bug described in the patch you linked to is responsible for my crashes. Check this out:

I didn't state that this patch solves your issue. I meant that after remount in RO mode the NILFS2 driver still has dirty
pages for the case of issue. This patch solves the issue of infinite trying of flushing these dirty pages by kernel
flush thread. The infinite trying to flush dirty pages can result in system freezing, as I understand.

[snip]

> No remounts, just a kernel oops. I can reproduce this without fail by booting a VMware Workstation (9.0.2) virtual machine that resides on the nilfs /home volume while another virtual machine is doing something IO-intensive.

Sorry, I am confused slightly by different descriptions of the issue in your e-mails. Initially, I have understanding
that, first of all, you have issue with remount in RO mode. But now you are talking about crash without remount.

Could you share full system log that you have for the issue case?

I need to understand a sequence of events. Maybe, you have two issues instead of one. Currently, I haven't
clear picture of the issue's environment.

Thanks,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.