Re: Broken nilfs2 filesystem

Hi,
On Wed, 22 May 2013 22:36:02 +0200, Anton Eliasson wrote:
> Anton Eliasson skrev 2013-05-22 22:33:
>> Greetings!
>> It pains me to report that my /home filesystem broke down today. My
>> system is running Arch Linux 64-bit. The filesystem resides on a
>> Crucial M4 256 GB SSD, on top of a LVM2 volume. The drive and
>> filesystem are both around six months old. Partition table and error
>> log excerpts are at the bottom of this e-mail. Full logs are available
>> upon request.
>>
>> I am providing this information as a bug report. I have no reason to
>> suspect the hardware but I cannot exclude it either. If you (the
>> developers) are interested in troubleshooting this for prosperity, I
>> can be your hands and run whatever tools are required. If not, I'll
>> reformat the filesystem, restore the data from backup and forget that
>> this happened.
>>
>> In case the formatting gets mangled, this e-mail is also available at
> Right here: http://paste.debian.net/5841/

Thank you for the report.

According to the log, btree of a regular file is destroyed for some reason.
I think we should look into how the btree block is broken.

Could you try the following commands to inspect the broken disk segment ?

 $ sudo dd if=/dev/dm-3 bs=4k count=2048 skip=14350336 iflag=direct 2>/dev/null | hexdump -C

This will print out blocks of the segment 7007 which includes the
broken btree block.

The following commands are also useful to get debug information.
Could you try them, too ?

 $ sudo nilfs-tune -l /dev/dm-3
 $ sudo dumpseg /dev/dm-3 7007
 $ lssu -a /dev/dm-3

The third command requires the device is mounted, so /home should be
mounted previously with a readonly option and a norecovery option:

 $ sudo mount -t nilfs2 -o ro,norecovery /dev/dm-3 /home

With regards,
Ryusuke Konishi