Re: Strange "flush" process bahaviour

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:22:52PM +0300, Vyacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
> Thank you for additional details. Unfortunately, your sysrq-trigger
> output is not complete. So, I can't make conclusion about what
> operation was a reason of issue on your side. Could you send to me the
> full log of sysrq-trigger output?

How to generete more verbose log?

Btw looking at ps aux output it seems, that this flush is hanging there
almost from first boot:
root       937 88.2  0.0      0     0 ?        S    Feb17 50160:39 [flush-8:0]

And an uptime:
08:25:18 up 39 days, 10:57,  4 users,  load average: 0.72, 0.89, 0.98

Also I don't know if this isn't some kind of regression. I'm using nilfs
for, well, some time now (looking at fs creation date Aug 2011) and
didn't noticed any strange behaviour before. I think I won't be able to
check this, but before that last boot I used (95% sure) vanilla kernel
3.4.4 and it was not flushing things or I didn't noticed. I could go to
some older LTS kernel on other machine and check that.

> I can easily reproduce the issue by big file (100 - 500 GB) deletion
> or truncation. Please, find description in:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-nilfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg01504.html.

If this brings something new - I'm not using huge files like that (this
flush above is a 3.7G device). But if this reproduces the issue, it
could be related.  (:

Piotr Szymaniak.
--
Ogólnie  rzecz  biorąc,  chodzi o różnice w objętości  i  spiczastości.
Kiedy oglądam zdjęcia w "National  Geographic",  widzę, że cycki kobiet