Re: nilfs compilation errors

Hi,
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:49:12 +0530, shubham sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile the nilfs sources on Ubuntu but it is giving
> compilation errors.
>
> My kernel version is
>
> ----8<----
> shubham@shubham-VirtualBox:~/work/nilfs/git_repo/nilfs2-module$ uname -r
> 3.0.0-12-generic
> ----8<----
>
> I got the nilfs sources from the git repository:
>
> ----8<----
> shubham@shubham-VirtualBox:~/work/nilfs$ git clone
> git://github.com/nilfs-dev/nilfs2-module.git
> ----8<----
>
> After getting the sources, i tried to compile the sources but i am
> getting the following compilation errors:
>
> ----8<----
<snip>
> ----8<----
>
> Is there any step that I am missing before compiling the code?

The nilfs2-module.git is the source tree of old module for kernels between
2.6.18~2.6.29.

This tree is maintained for CentOS5 and other RHEL5 clone users, and
lacks support of new features such as online-resizing.

You have no reason to use it for other newer Linux ditros.

Try in-kernel nilfs2 module.  The nilfs2 module in 3.0 kernel is
nearly the latest, and its latest successor version (i.e. 3.0.x)
includes important bugfixes backported from newer kernels.

Regards,
Ryusuke Konishi