Re: [nfsv4] pNFS/Flexfiles testing at Oct. Bakeathon

On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 7:03 PM Tom Haynes <loghyr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> I'll have server implementations of all of them.
>
> Wait, maybe not the WCC.
I was thinking that WCC was the interesting one. The FreeBSD pNFS server uses
v4.2 DSs, so it would be client side only for FreeBSD. (It's too bad
that NFSv4 DSs
cannot do this, but I cannot think how they could unless a new
Write-with-WCC operation
was added to NFSv4.2.)

Will you know soon if you'd have a server for the Bakeathon?

> My clients will also have the implementations, normally they only talk to my server, but I can bring a standalone client for testing.
The FreeBSD pNFS server never issues delegations, so delstid wouldn't
really apply.
(The non-pNFS server does do delegations. Is delstid generic enough
that a non-pNFS
server should do it?)

The only other one I recall is the LayoutReturn with an error after the MDS
reboot. Not something we'd want to test at the Bakeathon, I'd guess?

Thanks for the info, rick