Re: Spring Virtual Bakeathon

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 8:50 AM Steve Dickson <steved@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the University of Guelph. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If in doubt, forward suspicious emails to IThelp@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Hello All,
>
> Red Hat is considering hosting a spring bakeathon,
> virtually (since a lot of us don't have travel budgets,
> including Red Hat).
>
> But before we build the network, I wanted to take the
> pulse of the community.... Do people still find these
> events useful? Is it worth people's time? I say YES
> to both those questions... but that is just me :-)

I say yes as well.  I actually have code that does the
NFSv4.1/4.2 mount using SP4_NONE/AUTH_SYS for
machine credentials, but the users provide Kerberos
credential for user authentication.  (I mentioned this
in an email thread on nfsv4@xxxxxxxx.)
Anyhow, I would like to be able to test it against other
NFSv4.1/4.2 servers than Linux and FreeBSD.

> I would also like to attract new participants,
> hopefully some cloud vendors would be good,
> but any type of new attendance would be good too!
> We'll be more that willing to tailor the event
> to help make that happen.

Definitely agree. Unfortunately I don't have any contacts,
but a few candidates might be...
- Amazon's EFS server
- Microsoft's client in Windows server
- VMware's ESXi client

> So if anybody has contacts in those areas and are
> willing to share, please let me know... I will do
> the leg work.
>
> We were thinking the last week in March (27 -31).
> But being virtual... that is an open date.

These dates sound fine to me, although I am
pretty wide open for any other dates as well.

> So please let me know, on list or off list.

Thanks for doing this, rick