Re: v4 clientid uniquifiers in containers/namespaces

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-nfs/20210414181040.7108-1-steved@xxxxxxxxxx/

> It seems to me that mount.nfs is the place to set nfs_client/identifier.
> It can be told (via /etc/nfs.conf or /etc/nfsmount.conf) how to generate
> and where to store the identifier.  It can check the current value and
> update if needed.  As long as the identifier is set before the first
> mount, there is no rush.
>
> Why does it need to be done in response to a uevent??

I think the assertion was that it was the only sensible way, and it does
seem to be better than exposing yet another knob when all that's needed is a
way to distinguish and persist NFS clients when network namespaces can come
and go at any time, and there can be a lot of them.

Ben