knfsd server returns writeverf of all 0 bits (but was not rebooted)

Hi,

When testing against the knfsd in a Linux 5.15.1 kernel, I received a
write reply with FILE_SYNC and a writeverf of all 0 bytes.
(Previous write verifiers were not all 0 bytes.)

The server seemed to be functioning normally and had not rebooted.

Is this intended behaviour?

Normally I would not expect the writeverf in a Write operation reply
to change unless the server had rebooted, but I can see there might
be circumstances where the knfsd server wants all non-FILE_SYNC
writes to be redone by the client and would choose to change the
writeverf.
However, changing it to all 0 bytes seems particularly odd?

rick