Re: nfsd vurlerability submit

On Wed, 2021-01-13 at 08:12 +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> FYI, if people really want to use some sort of subtree exports, for
> XFS
> (and probably ext4) we encode the project id into the file handle and
> use the hierarchical project ID inheritance that we already use for
> project quotas.

You'd basically need something along the lines of a NetApp qtree.

i.e. a persisted tag that can label all the files and directories in a
subtree, and that is used to enforce a set of rules that are generally
normally associated with filesystems. So no renames from objects inside
the subtree to directories that lie outside it. No hard links that
cross the subtree boundary.

--
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer, Hammerspace