Re: Kernel OPS when using xattr

On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 04:43:12PM +0100, Mkrtchyan, Tigran wrote:

> Hi Olga,
>
> Franks patches are not applied. I will check with Trond's patch and
> then will try those as well.
>
> Regards,
>    Tigran.

Since my change no longer uses SPARSE_PAGES, it'll probably avoid the
oops, so give it a try.

Having said that, fixing SPARSE_PAGES seems like a better option.. My
ideal outcome would be to have a working SPARSE_PAGES for all transports.
That would allow GETXATTR and LISTXATTRS to just always specify a max
size array of pages, giving it maximum flexibility to cache the received
result no matter what, and avoiding allocations that are too large.

For now, though, I'm happy with the v2 patch I sent in.

- Frank