Re: unsharing tcp connections from different NFS mounts

On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 05:29:26PM +0000, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Wed, 2020-10-07 at 13:15 -0400, Bruce Fields wrote:
> > Yeah, honestly I don't understand the details of that case either.
> >
> > (There is one related thing I'm curious about, which is how close we
> > are
> > to keeping clients in different containers completely separate (which
> > we'd need, for example, if we were to ever permit unprivileged nfs
> > mounts).  It looks to me like as long as two network namespaces use
> > different client identifiers, the client should keep different state
> > for
> > them already?  Or is there more to do there?)
>
> The containerised use case should already work. The containers have
> their own private uniquifiers, which can be changed
> via /sys/fs/nfs/net/nfs_client/identifier.

I was just looking at that commit (bf11fbd20b3 "NFS: Add sysfs support
for per-container identifier"), and I'm confused by it: it adds code to
nfs/sysfs to get and set "identifier", but nothing anywhere that
actually uses the value.  I can't figure out what I'm missing.

--b.