Re: unsharing tcp connections from different NFS mounts

On 7 Oct 2020, at 12:44, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> I did see Igor's claim that there is a QoS issue (which afaics would
> also affect NFSv3), but why do I care about QoS as a per-mountpoint
> feature?

Because it's hard to do QoS without being able to classify the traffic on
the network somehow.  The separate connection makes it a lot easier.  I see
how that's - not our problem -, though.

The regular admin might find it surprising to tell their system to
connect to a specific IP address at mount time, and it instead sends the
mount's traffic elsewhere.

Are you happy with the state of nconnect, or is there room for something
more dynamic?

Ben