Re: mount.nfs4 and logging

Hello,

On 9/11/20 7:45 AM, Chris Hall wrote:

> I have a client and server configured for nfs4 only.
Would you mind sharing this configuration? Privately if
that works better...

I'm thinking that is a good direction to go towards
so maybe we make this configuration the default??

> The configuration used to work.
>
> I have just upgraded from Fedora 31 to 32 on the client.  I now get:
>
>   # mount /foo
>   mount.nfs4: Protocol not supported
I've been trying to keep the versions the same... hopefully
nothing has broken in f31... ;-(

> Wireshark does not detect any attempt by the client to talk to the server.
>
> I get the same result if I do mount.nfs4 directly.
>
> Can I wind up the logging for mount.nfs4 ?
What server are you using?

> Or otherwise find a way to discover why the "Protocol not supported" message is being issued ?
Does rpcdebug -m nfs -s mount and mount -vvv show anything?

steved.