Re: directory delegations

My simple model of metadata operations is to untar something like the linux sources.

Each file incurs a LOOKUP, CREATE, SETATTR, and WRITE, each of which is fairly high latency (even the WRITE ends up being done essentially synchronously because tar closes the file after its write(2) call.)

I guess directory delegations might save the cost of LOOKUP.

Is there any hope for getting write delegations?

What other steps might be possible?

-Bradley