Re: RDMA connection closed and not re-opened

> On Jul 2, 2018, at 7:22 PM, admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Thanks Chuck for your input, let me address it below like normal for mailing lists.  Although I'm confused as to why my message hasn't shown up on the mailing list, even though I'm subscribed with this address... I've written to owner-linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx regarding this discrepancy and it was rejected as spam so now i'm waiting to hear from postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, so I guess I'll need to continue to CC you as well in the time being since your responses show up on the mailing list at least...
>

> Chuck Lever wrote on 06/29/2018 08:04 AM:
> > These are informational messages that are typical of network
> > problems or maybe the server has failed or is overloaded. I'm
> > especially inclined to think this is not a client issue because it
> > happens on multiple clients at around the same time.
>
> Yes it makes sense to be a server problem, however our server is more than capable of handling this I would think.  Although it is an older server, it still has 2x 6-core Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz with 128GB of RAM and maybe 10% utilization normally.  I have not watched the server when we start these daligner jobs so that could be something I look for to see if I notice any bottlenecks... what is a typical bottleneck for NFS/RDMA?

Please review all of my last email. I concluded the likely culprit is a software bug, not server overload.

> > If there are no other constraints on your NFS server's kernel /
> > distribution, I recommend upgrading it to a recent update of CentOS
> > 7 (not simply a newer CentOS 6 release).
>
> Unfortunately CentOS doesn't support upgrading from 6 to 7 and this machine is too critical to take down for a fresh installation/reconfiguration, so I have a feeling we'll need to figure out how to get the 6.9 kernel working.  I will try updating to the latest kernel on all of the nodes to see if it helps.

If CentOS 6 is required, CentOS / Red Hat really does need to be involved as you troubleshoot. Any code changes will necessitate a new kernel build that only they can provide.