Re: running NFS in LXC

On 14 Feb 2018, at 2:06, Harald Dunkel wrote:

Hi Ben,

I take this as a "no serious problems by now". Good to hear.
Which kernel are you using?

This was years ago on a 2.6.32 series. I don't expect you'll have serious problems now, either. As far as I know, my last employer is still using that architecture, but I couldn't tell you what software versions they're on now..

We moved to the knfsd-in-a-container from an architecture that was essentially a bunch of vanilla knfsds that could mount and any of the block devices, and block devices were tied to IP addresses, and this was all orchestrated by pacemaker. The problem with that one was that when a block device or filesystem was migrated, the server receiving that filesystem had to be put into grace, which disrupted any existing NFS serving that was going on.

Test things, let us know how it works!

Ben