Re: pynfs replay cache test SEQ9f

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 05:44:54PM -0400, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> Your mailer's not quoting right, it's a little hard for me to find your
> replies.  Wading in:
>
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 09:39:04PM +0000, Thomas Haynes wrote:
> > On Oct 12, 2017, at 12:49 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> > > So I *think* the only correct options OK or FALSE_RETRY?
> >
> > It can’t be OK if the parameters to SEQUENCE differ.
>
> I'm getting that from: "When the replier detects a false retry, it is
> permitted (but not always obligated) to return NFS4ERR_FALSE_RETRY in
> response to the Sequence operation when it detects a false retry."

I think you are agreeing with me that OK is not appropriate here?

> If i understand the following language, we're required to return
> FALSE_RETRY in the case the rpc credentials of the caller map to
> different principals, but not otherwise.

This one drove me crazy:

   If a requester sent a Sequence operation with a slot ID and sequence
   ID that are in the reply cache but the replier detected that the
   retried request is not the same as the original request, including a
   retry that has different operations or different arguments in the
   operations from the original

SEQUENCE is not special - both the compounds in this example
only have the SEQUENCE op and they differ only in that in the
first sa_cachethis is False and in the second it is True.

So we have to return FALSE_SEQ_RETRY here...