RFC rpc.gssd enhancement

Hello,

would it be acceptable to add an option for rpc.gssd to use host keytab if
user's kerberos ticket is not available?

Consider the following scenario:
1) machine has NFS mounted /home using kerberos authentication
2) user logs in, sshd creates krb ticket ($HOME/.k5login needs to be world
readable to allow kerberized access, e.g., using kerberos ticket)
3) user stays logged in and krb ticket expires
4) kinit to renew ticket produces strange error because $HOME is not
accessible and a new ticket is not created.

So, I think in this case, I would like to see rpc.gssd uses host keytab while
user's ticket is not available, which maps to nobody/nogroup, but kinit should
succeed.

Or are there any other options if one is using kerberized homes only?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek