base64 mail with plain text appendage

Hi linux-nfs,

If mail sent to this list is Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64, and the
linux-nfs footer is appended to it without decoding, that footer is always
decoded in my mailer for messages to the list which leaves a little mess
behind.  I expect this message itself to contain an example of this.

This annoys me.   Do we really need to have that unsubscribe text appended
to every message?  I'm happy to take my nit-picky question of proper list
behavior to the appropriate person if redirected.

Ben