Question about nfsdcltrack --storagedir

Hi,
 I notice that nfsdcltrack has a "--storagedir" option.
 I wonder how this can be used, given the nfsdcltrack is only(?) called
 from the kernel and there is no(?) mechanism to pass extra options.

 In a clustered-server context it would make sense(?) to share the
 database between cluster nodes and it is easiest to do this if the
 file in a separate filesystem (mounted as part of fail-over) rather
 than in /var.
 This can(?) be achieved using a symlink, but rpm likes to remove
 symlinks to non-existent locations.

 With NFSv3 the equivalent is the state files maintained by statd, and
 these can be relocated by passing the -P option to rpc.statd.
 How does one do a similar thing for NFSv4???

Thanks,
NeilBrown