Re: extra reference to fl->fl_file, possible regression

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 17:06:59 +0200
William Dauchy <william@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jul10 10:39, Jeff Layton wrote:
> > So if a file happened to have some flock locks on it, then we could
> > be taking a new reference to a file that has already had its refcount
> > go to zero.
>
> do you have any test case which may confirm that?

Not right offhand, at least not with a stock kernel.

I was planning to turn that get_file call into an
atomic_long_inc_return and then test the return value and WARN if it
was 1. Then, set a flock lock on a file, and close it without
explicitly unlocking. I suspect that would make the WARN pop.

> in the commit messages, you also were refering to some tests; I wonder
> if you could share it.

Jean? Are those tests something you could share?

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>