Re: RFC: combine xprtrdma and svcrdma

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 03:17:25PM -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
> This isn?t a problem for TCP because both client and server side
> TCP socket support are built into the sunrpc.ko module. The client and
> server RDMA transport support are in separate modules.

A little offtopic, but at least the code structure is a nightmare for
TCP as well where we have a file like bc_svc.c which only has a single
function (bc_send), that happens to be called from backchannel-specific code
in svc.c just to call into a function in clnt.c that is entirely
backchannel-specific as well.  Of course due to the lack of separate
modules that at least doesn't cause problems for users.