Re: panic on 4.20 server exporting xfs filesystem

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:41:35 +0100
Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> FYI, I small update on tracking down the recall issue:  this seems to
> be very much something in the callback channel on the server.  When tracing
> the client all the recalls it gets they are handled fine, but we do get
> error back in the layout recall ->done handler, which most of the time
> but not always are local Linux errnos and not nfs error numbers, indicating
> something went wrong, probably in the RPC code.

Taking a quick look, the ->done routines look a little suspicious to me
anyway. AFAICT, the pc_decode routines for the callbacks always return
a Linux errno, not a nfsstat4, and that's what should end up in
tk_status.

>From nfs4_xdr_dec_cb_recall (though the other decode routines are
similar):

        status = decode_cb_op_status(xdr, OP_CB_RECALL, &nfserr);
        if (unlikely(status))
                goto out;
        if (unlikely(nfserr != NFS4_OK))
                status = nfs_cb_stat_to_errno(nfserr);