little help please regarding pNFS

Hi,

(Apologizing for posting here, in the #linux-nfs channel no one answered...)

I'm reading about pNFS server implementation in Linux with iSCSI and
I'm afraid that the docs in linux-nfs.org don't help a lot when it
comes to understanding the iSCSI block share..

Here is a simple scenario:

Machine A is iSCSI Target, which will share a LUN to pNFS
Machine B is pNFS Server (which will be also MDS)
Machines C,D,E - Linux clients.

If I understood the docs correctly, I'll need to run an iSCSI
initiator on Machine B to discover the LUN from machine A, blkmapd
will mount it, I'll need to format it (using parted), and only then i
can share this LUN?

If so, I can do this today using even NFS v3 without pNFS, unless I
really missed something.

Could someone share some info about iSCSI LUN sharing with pNFS, and
if possible - a simple example would be welcome (links are welcome too
... ;) )

Thanks