NFS4 client port for file delegations

We have a Linux NFS server (using ZFS) which supports NFS4. It uses
fixed ports for everything and those ports are allowed through the
firewall. We have a number of Linux clients which use this and other NFS
servers, they have a DROP ALL for all all packets arriving on
non-whitelisted ports.

I think that file delegations might not be working due to callbacks not
succeeding because the client port specified in SETCLIENTID by the
client is blocked by the firewall.

I have a couple of questions:

How do I check whether file delegations are working properly? Munin
graphs indicate 0 calls for some of the names which sound like they are
to do with delegations such as delagreturn or delagpurge but is there
some way of checking conclusively?

How do I specify what client port to provide in SETCLIENTID, there
should be some mount option? I can't find it. Or if it is a well defined
number, what is it?

Any pointers to answers?

Thank you,

Daniel