Re: mount default minor version behavior

Here's a quick summary of where the threads ended up:

 - Everyone agrees that if a specific minor version is specified, only
   that version should be attempted.

 - On the issue of minor version omission, the positions are:
   1) vers=4 means try 4.1, 4.0.
    Steve D
    Boaz
    Ben C

   2) vers=4 means try 4.0 only.
    Andros
    Anna
    Frank

   3) vers=4 means
   - if conf file defaultvers=4.1, try 4.1, 4.0.
   - else if defaultvers not set try 4.0 only.
    Trond

Anyone else want to weigh in? Trond's position can also count towards
the second position because we should consider the case where the config
file is not used or turned off in the build.  I think I could just add a
bit to the config file that switches between 1 and 2, something like
"usebestversion", which defaults to position 2.  That would allow a
distro to use the first behavior if they chose.

Ben