xfstests with NFS

Hi Christoph-

I’m running xfstests to validate functionality of a particular NFS client/transport/server set up.

There are a couple of tests that may not always be appropriate for FSTYP=nfs.  We weren’t able to identify a bugzilla where we can report these issues.

generic/192 tests atime changes.  The Linux NFS client (and probably others) typically optimizes away atime changes.  Thus this test fails for NFS mounts on Linux.  I’m wondering if we can treat NFS as always a noatime filesystem.

generic/237 tries setfacl.  On NFS mounts, the operation always returns “Operation not supported,” but the test is looking for “Operation not permitted.”  The former is an acceptable pass, IMO.  I considered disabling this test for NFS, but I would bet some NFS client implementations actually do support setfacl().

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com