Re: NFS uses wrong domain in SETATTR

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:25:55 -0700
Bryan Schumaker <bjschuma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you made sure to reboot or restart idmapd after making changes
> to /etc/idmap.conf?  The only time I've been able to reproduce this
> is when the config file has been changed but not reloaded.

Well, I finally dove into libnfsidmap and nfs-utils and tracked it down
to a bug in nfs-utils.  Sorry, I should have said we were still on
nfs-utils-1.2.6, which seems to be pretty old by now.  This looks like
the commit that fixed it:

http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=steved/nfs-utils.git;a=commit;h=fd27c638898010438d404cd17120729ef1d680e2

This change is in 1.2.7 and, after upgrading to it on my test box,
chgrp works once again.  Sorry for the noise, I should have tried
upgrading nfs-utils first (at least I know a lot about the new idmapper
now!).

Thanks for the help,
Brian