Re: fuzz tested user mode linux core dumps in fs/lockd/clntproc.c:131 (nfs in a netns utsns problems?)

On 07/29, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> So I really don't think using utsname() aka current->nsproxy->uts_ns
> makes sense in nlmclnt_setlockargs.
>
> We most definitely have an inconsistency in nfs.

I tend to agree, but can't really comment.

> > Yes. And perhaps the patch which moves exit_task_namespaces() after
> > exit_task_work() makes sense anyway (the patch I showed).
> >
> > (but if you change nlmclnt_setlockargs() then it is not 3.11 material).
> >
> > The original motivation for 8aac62706 was the leak reported by Andrey,
> > but that leak should be also fixed by e7b2c406. "Move exit_task_namespaces()
> > from exit_notify() to do_exit()" is still fine imho, the reason for
> > exit_task_namespaces() from the middle of exit_notify() has gone away.
> >
> > But perhaps it would be better if work->func() could use ->nsproxy even
> > if the task is PF_EXITING.
>
> So far there is nothing in the nfs code that would suggest allowing
> work->func() being able to use ->nsproxy would make this code any
> better.  I think that would just paper over the problem we are seeing
> right now.

I think you misunderstood my point.

I fully agree if you change nlmclnt_setlockargs(). I am suggesting to
move exit_task_namespaces() down after exit_task_work() as a separate
change which perhaps makes sense by itself. Not to fix this problem,
not for nfs, not for fput().

Just to allow work->func() to play with ->nsproxy if needed. task_work
has other users, not only fput().

Oleg.