Re: What is NFSv4 READDIR doesn't return a filehandle....

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 05:40:11PM -0500, Christopher T Vogan wrote:
> This condition is easily recoverable, as ANY missing attribute on a
> readdir
> is with a lookup/readdir.

By the same token, the server can just as well recover by doing that
extra lookup itself, can't it?  (That's more-or-less how the Linux
server gets attributes on readdir.)

Understood that it can be a pain (the Linux server's readdir
implementation has needed some minor surgery over the years to get this
right), but I do think it's the server's responsibility....

--b.