Re: NFS v3 hangs with kernel version v3.2.0, 32-bit

Hi Bruce,

On 02/22/13 10:01, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
Some of that debugging is extremely verbose, yes.

Since this list is for upstream (not ubuntu) development, most useful
would probably be if you could work out whether the problem is
reproduceable on the latest upstream kernel.

Understandable.

We've been unable to pin down what triggers this bug, so we are unable to reproduce it synthetically. It only appears to happen on shared servers with lots of NFS traffic, and in all cases it happened with more than a month of uptime. Also, we are unable to put an upstream kernel on a production machine.

These two conditions will make it exceedingly unlikely that we would be able to work this out with an upstream kernel.

Even if we were able to reproduce this with an upstream kernel, if it takes such a long time to reproduce could that have aged the kernel we're testing enough to invalidate our testing results?

Cheers!
Iordan