Re: [nfsv4] Connectathon 2013 talks

On 01/25/2013 06:00 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I'm organizing the talks at this year's Connectathon event.
>
>   http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+nfs/Connectathon13
>
> If you are interested in presenting, please contact me with details
> before Monday, February 25 (but the sooner the better). Remember that
> the Connectathon test floor is covered by NDA, but the talks are open
> to the public.

Hi Chuck, as we said at the con-call here is my email

> For each talk, please provide:
>
>  o  A title

title: How to solve the Linux-Client LAYOUT_COMMIT vs LAYOUT_GET deadlock

>  o  An abstract (a couple of sentences or so)

abstract:
	* I will describe the current problem we have since Kernel 3.5.
	* I will show how I fix it for now, though in a way that violates the STD
	  (It actually does works with all current pnfs servers I know of)
	* I will introduce two possible solutions I can see, for this.

	And would like people to:
		1. See if there are more possible solutions
		2. Choose (Trond) which way we would like to go, and I can start
		   coding for that.

>  o  Who exactly is going to present (with e-mail if possible)

presentor: Me

>  o  How long you think you need

I hope not more then 1 hour at most, or even less

>  o  Whether you need more than just a projector

No that will be just fine.

> Thanks!

Thanks in advance
Boaz