Re: Labeled NFS Meeting Info for Tonight Dec 20/Dec 21st for our friends in Singapore

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Dave Quigley <dpquigl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The notes below summarize what we decided during out last meeting. It also
> has our next meeting date. There are some more issues that need to be fixes
>

> Shooting for merge window 3.9.
>
> List of things to do:
>
> Add warning fixup patch into tree (Dave Q)
> Patch to cleanup comment for dentry_init_security (Dave Q)
> Patch to cleanup comment to reflect that xattrs aren’t being used in the
> protocol (ismaclabel lsm hook) (Dave Q)
>
> Patch to remove export option (SteveD)
> Patch to fix ifdefs in client (SteveD)
> Patch to fix ifdefs in server (SteveD)
> Patch to remove bugons (Dave)
>
> Rodel:
>
> Work on making our attribute encoding/decoding work more like
> encode/decode_fsinfo. This means removing the extend fattr to use 3rd word
> patch and instead placing the information inside an op specific struct.
> Work on Attribute change notification:
> Smaller patches if possible (client, server, support, etc...)
>
> Leaving RPCSECGSSv3 for now.
>
> January 10th next Meeting.
>
> Dave
>
> --

Hi,

I would like to make sure that I understand Trond's feedback on the
current LNFS implementation.

1. Do we need to remove the "decode_attr_security_label" function from
"decode_getfattr_attrs" and have our own operation to exchange
security labels instead of piggy-backing labeled NFS request on
setting/getting file attributes?
2. Do we need to remove the FATTR4_WORD2_SECURITY_LABEL from the
nfs4_fattr_bitmap and exchange this information separately on a new
function, say decode/encode_security_label?

Please comment if this is in-line with everyone's line of thought
regarding the suggested change: "Work on making our attribute
encoding/decoding work more like encode/decode_fsinfo. This means
removing the extend fattr to use 3rd word patch and instead placing
the information inside an op specific struct."

Thank you very much!

Kind Regards,
Rodel