NFS Mount Option 'nofsc'

I joined the mailing list shortly after Neil sent out a request for volunteer to update the nfs man page documenting the 'fsc'/'nofsc' options. I suspect this may stem from a ticket we opened with Suse inquiring about these options.

Coming from a Solaris background we typically use the 'forcedirectio' option for certain mounts and I was looking for the same thing in Linux. The typically advice seems to be use 'noac' but the description in the man page doesn't seem to match what I would expect from 'forcedirectio', namely no buffering on the client.

Poking around the kernel I found the 'fsc'/'nofsc' options and my question is does 'nofsc' provide 'forcedirectio' functionality?

Thanks,
Derek