Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] end-to-end data and metadata corruption detection

Bernd> Hmm, direct IO would mean we could not use the page cache. As we
Bernd> are using it, that would not really suit us. libaio then might be
Bernd> another option then.

Bernd> What kind of help do you exactly need?

As far as libaio is concerned I had a PoC working a few years ago. I'll
be happy to revive it if people are actually interested. So a real world
use case would be a great help...

But James is right that buffered I/O is much more challenging than
direct I/O. And all the use cases we have had have involved databases
and business apps that were doing direct I/O anyway.