Re: nfs server issues

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Steve Dickson wrote:

The reason you getting the mounting error to localhost is because there are no NFS services registered with rpcbind. Note the lack of nfs entires in your rpcinfo -p output. For the above mount to work you would need at least the following entry:

  100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs

Figure out why that is not happening and you find the problem...

I got it to work. I did a 'killall -HUP nfsd' and restarted 'rpc.nfsd -p 2049 8' and nfs showed up in rpcinfo and mount now works.

It must have been a sequence error on my part.  Sorry for the noise.

  -- Bruce