NFS - lock failover

Hi everyone!

I was trying not to create new topics, but it seems that posting to an
old one doesn't bring it up. Here is the original topic I'm referring
to: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.nfs/13108

I'm building an A/A cluster using NFS v3 and local file systems, and
looking for
efficient ways for failover (for now I have to restart nfs-kernel-server on
Takeover node to be able to initiate grace period), so the discussed solutions
are very interesting to me.

Now (4 years after) in current nfs-utils packages (v. 1.2.2-4 and later) I can
see that the ability to release locks was really implemented and is
working well
(I mean interfaces /proc/fs/nfsd/unlock_ip and
/proc/fs/nfsd/unlock_filesystem),
but how about reacquiring locks on the node, share migrates to? - I've been
going through various mailing lists and found a lot of discussions on the topic
(also dated mainly 2007), but don't seem to find any rpc-based mechanism or
interface like /proc/fs/nfsd/nlm_set_grace to do that, was it ever made?

Any clarification would be really nice. Thank you!